A product of the MNAR (PELP1) gene, this protein is a novel steroid co-activator of the estrogen receptor (ER) which plays a role in E2-mediated cell cycle progression through interaction with the pRb pathway. MNAR acts as a transcriptional corepressor for nuclear receptors and can interact with chromatin-modifying complex components CBP (CRE-binding protein), histone deacetylase 2 and MTA (metastasis-associated protein)1. Other properties of MNAR include interaction with PI3K, STAT3, and EGF, and SH2-binding which modulates the interaction of the ER to c-Src, leading to MAPK activation. Studies have shown the deregulation of MNAR in breast tumours and endometrial cancers.
Rabbit anti Human MNAR antibody detects a band of 160 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MNAR detects a band of approximately 160 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 744-771 amino acids from the central region of human MNAR
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0071339 MLL1 complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MNAR antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra