This antibody recognizes both the pro and active form of MMP-10.
The MMP’s are zinc-dependent endopeptidases responsible for degrading the extracellular matrix. They are also involved in cell proliferation, migration, differentiation and apoptosis. Most MMP’s are synthesised as inactive zymogens and a propeptide region must be cleaved off before the enzyme becomes active. Their expression is increased dramatically in a variety of cancer types, where it indicates invasive disease and a poor prognosis.
MMP-10 is a collagenase capable of degrading fibronectin, gelitins (types I, III, IV and V), and more weakly collagens III, IV and V. MMP-10 activates procollagenase.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to MMP-10 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.05% Sodium Azide.
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to the Hinge region of human MMP10.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of MMP-10 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||10 ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney