Rabbit anti Human MIP-1 beta antibody recognizes human MIP-1 beta, otherwise known as CCL4, a 69 amino acid member of the CC chemokine family, shown to signal through the chemokine receptors CCR1, CCR2 and CCR5.
MIP-1 beta is involved in host defence against invading pathogens, acting as a regulator of activation and trafficking of inflammatory cells, such as monocytes, B cells, NK cells, neutrophils, dendritic cells and CD4+ lymphocytes.
The secretion of MIP-1 beta by CD8+ lymphocytes has been shown to act as a major HIV-suppressive factor (HIV-SF) through binding to CCR5, identified as a coreceptor for HIV-1 target cell entry.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB: For functional studies do not add azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human MIP-1 beta were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human MIP-1 beta.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
response to virus
receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
cellular component movement
establishment or maintenance of cell polarity
viral genome replication
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MIP-1 Beta antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra