MIP-1 Alpha antibody
MIP-1 alpha is also involved in host defence against invading pathogens, acting as a regulator of activation and trafficking of inflammatory cells, such as macrophages, NK cells, granulocytes, dendritic cells and CD8+ lymphocytes. The recruitment of inflammatory cells by MIP-1 alpha, has been linked with the pathogenesis of several diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, H. pylori associated gastritis and bacterial meningitis.
The secretion of MIP-1 alpha by CD8+ lymphocytes acts as a major HIV-suppressive factor (HIV-SF) through binding to CCR5, identified as a coreceptor for HIV-1 target cell entry.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human MIP-1 alpha were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human MIP-1 alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007010 cytoskeleton organization
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0006887 exocytosis
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0042056 chemoattractant activity
- GO:0045069 regulation of viral genome replication
- For research purposes only
Applications of MIP-1 Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for MIP-1 Alpha antibody
Cocchi, F. et al. (1995) Identification of RANTES, MIP-1 alpha, and MIP-1 beta as the major HIV-suppressive factors produced by CD8+ T cells.
Science. 270 (5243): 1811-5.
Menten, P. et al. (2002) Macrophage inflammatory protein-1.
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 13 (6): 455-81.