The MFN2 gene encodes a mitochondrial membrane protein that participates in mitochondrial fusion and contributes to the maintenance and operation of the mitochondrial network. This protein is involved in the regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation, and it may play a role in the pathophysiology of obesity. Mutations in MFN2 gene cause Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2A2 (CMT2A2), and hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy VI (HMSN6A), which are both disorders of the peripheral nervous system. Defects in MFN2 have also been associated with early-onset stroke (Chung et al. 2008). Two transcript variants encoding the same protein have been identified. (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human MFN2 antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MFN2 detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in Ramos cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 447-476 of human MFN2
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003924 GTPase activity
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005525 GTP binding
- GO:0006626 protein targeting to mitochondrion
- GO:0007006 mitochondrial membrane organization
- GO:0008053 mitochondrial fusion
- GO:0031306 intrinsic to mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0046580 negative regulation of Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0048662 negative regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0051646 mitochondrion localization
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of MFN2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|