MEK 2 antibody
Rabbit anti MEK 2
Rabbit anti-human MEK2 antibody recognizes dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2, also known as ERK activator kinase 2, MAPK/ERK kinase 2 or mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2, p45.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by MAP2K2 gene is a dual specificity protein kinase that belongs to the MAP kinase kinase family. This kinase is known to play a critical role in mitogen growth factor signal transduction. It phosphorylates and thus activates MAPK1/ERK2 and MAPK2/ERK3. The activation of this kinase itself is dependent on the Ser/Thr phosphorylation by MAP kinase kinase kinases. Mutations in MAP2K2 gene cause Cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome 4 (CFC4), a disease characterized by heart defects, mental retardation, and distinctive facial features similar to those found in Noonan syndrome (Schulz et al. 2008). The inhibition or degradation of this kinase is also found to be involved in the pathogenesis of Yersinia and anthrax. A pseudogene, which is located on chromosome 7, has been identified for MAP2K2 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human MEK 2 antibody detects a band of 49 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MEK 2 detects a band of approximately 49 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human MEK 2
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol.
- Store undiluted at -20®C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P36507 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MAP2K2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0002756 MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0004713 protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034138 toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051403 stress-activated MAPK cascade
- GO:0070371 ERK1 and ERK2 cascade
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only.
Applications of MEK 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.