Rabbit anti MD-2 antibody recognizes MD-2, a member of the Toll/interleukin-1 receptor (TIR) family, a group of proteins which include Toll like receptors. TLR4 requires the binding of MD-2 to its extracellular region for best response to bacterial LPS. MD-2 also enhances TLR4-dependent activation of NF-kappa-beta and cooperates with TLR2 in the response to cell wall components from bacteria.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to MD-2 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to amino acids near the middle of human MD-2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
lipopolysaccharide receptor activity
detection of lipopolysaccharide
innate immune response
MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
cellular defense response
I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
Toll signaling pathway
toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
lipopolysaccharide receptor complex
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MD-2 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Rat spleen.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1717T detects a band of approximately 26kDa in mouse spleen cell lysate
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra