Goat anti Human MCT2 antibody
recognizes human monocarboxylate transporter 2, also known as MCT2 or Solute carrier family 16 member 7. MCT2 is a 478 amino acid ~52 kDa multi-pass transmembrane transporter molecule involved in the transport of pyruvate and lactate across cell membranes.
Northern blot analysis reveals expression of a larger transcript in most normal tissues compared to that which predominates in many cell lines (Lin et al. 1998
) and this may be reflected in the slightly lower molecular weight band detected in lung carcinoma cell lysate by this antibody in western blots.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human MCT2 were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Synthetic peptide SNAQSVTSERETNI derived from C terminus of human MCT2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
pyruvate secondary active transmembrane transporter activity
secondary active monocarboxylate transmembrane transporter activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MCT2 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP728 detects bands of approximately 40 kDa and 60-70 kD in Raji cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Lin, R.Y. et al. (1998) Human monocarboxylate transporter 2 (MCT2) is a high affinity pyruvate transporter.
J Biol Chem. 273 (44): 28959-65.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra