Filter by Application:P E Reset
|Rabbit anti Human MCP-1 antibody recognizes human MCP-1 (Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein 1), otherwise known as CCL2, a 76 amino acid CC chemokine which acts as a chemoattractant for monocytes, basophils, activated T cells and NK cells, through binding with the seven-transmembrane G protein-coupled receptor, CCR2.
The recruitment of mononuclear cells by MCP-1, has established this chemokine as an important factor in innate immunity, implicated in the pathogenesis of inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, uveitis and bronchial asthma. MCP-1 is linked with the polarization of activated T cells into the T helper 2 (Th2) subset, revealing a role for MCP-1 in the adaptive immune response.
Rabbit anti Human MCP-1 antibody has been successfully used as a detection reagent in the development of a sensitive ELISA assay for the evaluation of MCP-1 expression in conjunction with Mouse anti Human MCP-1, clone 2.2-4A4-1A11 (MCA2486) and recombinant human MCP-1 (PHP061) as a calibration reagent.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 1% Bovine Serum Albumin.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human MCP-1 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbitts with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human MCP-1 ( PHP061).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This product may be used in a direct ELISA or as a detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA together with either AHP784 or MCA2486 as the capture reagent and PHP061 as the standard
- Western Blotting
- This product may be used under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with PHP061 as the positive control.
Banisor, I. et al. (2005) Involvement of beta-chemokines in the development of inflammatory demyelination.
J Neuroinflammation. 2 (1): 7.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002548 monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0004672 protein kinase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0006959 humoral immune response
- GO:0007187 G-protein signaling, coupled to cyclic nucleotide second messenger
- GO:0007259 JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0019079 viral genome replication
- GO:0031727 CCR2 chemokine receptor binding
- GO:0048246 macrophage chemotaxis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up