MCM6 is involved in the initiation and control of eukaryotic DNA replication. Studies show that MCM4 forms a hexameric protein complex with MCM6 and 7, which has DNA helicase activity, and may act as a DNA unwinding enzyme (Kanter et al. 2008). The phosphorylation of this complex by CDC2 kinase reduces the DNA helicase activity and chromatin binding of the MCM complex (Ishimi et al. 2001). MCM6 has been noted to have elevated expression in Hodgkin's lymphoma (Karimi et al. 2008) and be a predictor of survival in patients with mantle cell lymphoma (Schrader et al. 2005).
Rabbit anti Human MCM6 antibody recognizes human MCM6 as a single band of ~105 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions. It also cross reacts with rodent cell lines tested.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MCM6 antibody detects a band of approximately 105 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within human MCM6
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000075 cell cycle checkpoint
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000216 M/G1 transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006270 DNA-dependent DNA replication initiation
- GO:0006271 DNA strand elongation involved in DNA replication
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MCM6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra