Filter by Application:WB C P IF Reset
Rabbit anti MCM2
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Rabbit anti MCM2 antibody recognizes the nuclear protein mini chromosome maintenance protein 2 (MCM2), a putative DNA replicative helicase and member of the MCM family, critical during the initiation of DNA replication.
During the G1 phase of the cell cycle the MCM proteins, part of the pre-replicative complex which assembles at replication origins, undergo phosphorylation by kinases including cyclin dependent kinase (CDK) and Cdc7/Dbf4 (DDK). Phosphorylation of MCM2 occurs on multiple sites, namely Ser27, Ser41, Ser53, Ser108 and Ser139 and results in a conformational change and activation of helicase activity.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to MCM2 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide corresponding to an N-terminal sequence of human MCM2
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/100||1/1000|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/100||1/1000|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000075 cell cycle checkpoint
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000216 M/G1 transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000785 chromatin
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0006270 DNA-dependent DNA replication initiation
- GO:0006271 DNA strand elongation involved in DNA replication
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up