Rabbit anti MCM2 antibody recognizes the nuclear protein mini chromosome maintenance protein 2 (MCM2), a putative DNA replicative helicase and member of the MCM family, critical during the initiation of DNA replication.
During the G1 phase of the cell cycle the MCM proteins, part of the pre-replicative complex which assembles at replication origins, undergo phosphorylation by kinases including cyclin dependent kinase (CDK) and Cdc7/Dbf4 (DDK). Studies have shown that the phosphorylation of MCM2 occurs on multiple sites, namely Ser27, Ser41, Ser53, Ser108 and Ser139 and that phosphorylation results in a conformational change of the complex and activation of the helicase activity.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to MCM2 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide corresponding to an N-terminal sequence of human MCM2
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cell cycle checkpoint
G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
S phase of mitotic cell cycle
M/G1 transition of mitotic cell cycle
metal ion binding
DNA-dependent DNA replication initiation
DNA strand elongation involved in DNA replication
regulation of transcription
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MCM2 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra