MCL1 gene encodes an anti-apoptotic protein, a member of the Bcl-2 family. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. The longest gene product (isoform 1) enhances cell survival by inhibiting apoptosis while the alternatively spliced shorter gene products (isoform 2 and isoform 3) promote apoptosis and are death-inducing (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2010).
Goat anti Human Mcl-1 antibody detects a band of 35 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti Mcl-1 detects a band of approximately 35 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin.
- Peptide sequence C-AGVGAGLAYLIR
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Mcl-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra