Mcl-1 is expressed in many different cell lines, and several types of cancer, and blockage of its function, may prove to be a useful therapeutic agent in the treatment of malignancies and inflammatory and infectious diseases.
Goat anti Human Mcl-1 antibody is expected to recognise the longer gene product, isoform 1.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog Expected from Sequence Rat Bovine Expected from Sequence Pig Expected from Sequence Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human Mcl-1 (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-AGVGAGLAYLIR from the C-Terminal region of Mcl-1 (NP_068779.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Mcl-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP2138 detects a band of approximately 35kDa in human lung and K562 cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Mcl-1 antibody
Cencic, R. et al. (2013) Modifying chemotherapy response by targeted inhibition of eukaryotic initiation factor 4A.
Blood Cancer J. 3: e128.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra