Rabbit anti MARCKS
MARCKS antibody recognizes myristoylated alanine-rich C-kinase substrate, also known as myristoylated alanine-rich protein kinase C substrate (MARCKS, 80K-L), phosphomyristin, or protein kinase C substrate, 80 kDa protein, light chain.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
MARCKS is a substrate for protein kinase C. It is localized to the plasma membrane and is an actin filament crosslinking protein. Phosphorylation by protein kinase C or binding to calcium-calmodulin inhibits its association with actin and with the plasma membrane, leading to its presence in the cytoplasm. MARCKS is thought to be involved in cell motility, phagocytosis, membrane trafficking and mitogenesis (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human MARCKS antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MARCKS detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 241-271 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human MARCKS
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P29966 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MARCKS Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0051015 actin filament binding
- GO:0005516 calmodulin binding
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0050796 regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0015629 actin cytoskeleton
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MARCKS antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.