Rabbit anti Manic Fringe antibody
recognizes beta-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase manic fringe, also known as MFNG. It belongs to the β3N-acteylglucosaminyl-transferases family that modulates the Notch signaling pathway activity (Haines and Irvine 2003
, Kakuda and Haltiwanger 2017
). In claudin-low breast cancer cell lines, manic fringe has been shown to act as an oncogene by Notch-mediated induction of PIK3CG (Zhang et al. 2015
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to Manic Fringe was raised by repeated immunization of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 0.42% Potassium phosphate
0.87% Sodium chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide encompassing a sequence within the center region of human Manic Fringe
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
pattern specification process
integral to Golgi membrane
O-fucosylpeptide 3-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Manic Fringe antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti Manic Fringe antibody detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in HepG2 cell lysate
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available