The LYN gene encodes a tyrosine protein kinase, which maybe involved in the regulation of mast cell degranulation, and erythroid differentiation. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for LYN (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2011).
Rabbit anti Human Lyn antibody detects bands of 53 and 56 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti Lyn detects bands of approximately 53 and 56 kDa in Ramos cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide.
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between amino acids 43 - 77 of human Lyn
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004715 non-membrane spanning protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0004716 receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006974 response to DNA damage stimulus
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0009725 response to hormone stimulus
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030218 erythrocyte differentiation
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0042531 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT protein
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045121 membrane raft
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- GO:0051272 positive regulation of cellular component movement
- GO:0070304 positive regulation of stress-activated protein kinase signaling cascade
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Lyn antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra