Rabbit anti LGR5 antibody
recognizes Leucine-rich repeat-containing G-protein coupled receptor 5 (LGR5), also known as G-protein coupled receptor 49, G-protein coupled receptor 67 and G-protein coupled receptor HG38. Lgr5 is a Wnt target gene and marks proliferative stem cells in the small intestine and colon (Barker et al. 2007
) and stomach (Barker et al. 2010
). LGR5 promotes tumor proliferation and invasion (Xi et al. 2014
, Parry and Engh 2014
). LGR5 expression is increased with glioblastoma progression (Nakata et al. 2013
, Zhang et al. 2018
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to LGR5 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 689-719 of human LGR5
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
protein-hormone receptor activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of LGR5 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti LGR5 antibody detects a band of approximately 100 kDa in HeLa and HepG2 cell lysate and mouse skeletal muscle tissue lysate under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available