Goat anti Human Leptin receptor antibody recognizes the human leptin receptor, designated CD295, a type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the cytokine receptor family, which binds with high affinity to the adipocyte-specific hormone leptin, an obesity factor involved in the regulation of adipose-tissue mass/body weight through hypothalamic effects.
The effects of leptin through binding to the long form of CD295 (LRb), are mediated via the JAK/STAT3 signalling pathway, and are vital for the regulation of the normal physiology of many cells, including food intake, lipid metabolism and energy expenditure. CD295-leptin signalling is also involved in the differential regulation of naive and memory T cell proliferation and promotes the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines, including interferon and interleukin-2.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human leptin receptor was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-TQDDIEKHQSDAG from the internal region of leptin receptor (NP_002294.2; NP_001003679.1; NP_001003680.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
cytokine receptor activity
energy reserve metabolic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Leptin Receptor antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1396 detects a band of approximately 150kDa in human brain cell lysates.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra