Goat anti Human Ku80 antibody recognizes the 80 kDa subunit of human Ku protein, an evolutionarily conserved nuclear ATP-dependent DNA helicase, involved in a major proportion of DNA repair and in V(D)J recombination.
The Ku protein, originally described as an autoantigen, exists as a tightly associated heterodimer consisting of a 70 kDa (Ku70) and 80 kDa (Ku80) subunit which binds to DNA double-strand break ends (DSB). DNA bound Ku recruits the large catalytic subunit DNA-PKcs to form the DNA-dependent protein kinase complex DNA-PK, facilitating DNA repair by the non-homologous end-joining (NHEJ) pathway.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human Ku80 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-SLAKKDEKTDTLED from the internal region of Ku80 (NP_066964.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
nuclear telomere cap complex
double-stranded DNA binding
ATP-dependent DNA helicase activity
double-strand break repair via nonhomologous end joining
telomeric DNA binding
protein C-terminus binding
negative regulation of transcription
initiation of viral infection
nonhomologous end joining complex
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Ku80 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1391 detects a band of approximately 80-85kDa in HeLa cell lysates. An additional 75kDa band of unknown origin may be observed.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for Ku80 antibody
Koike, M. (2002) Dimerization, translocation and localization of Ku70 and Ku80 proteins.
J Radiat Res. 43 (3): 223-36.
Dedieu, S. et al. (2010) The cytoprotective drug amifostine modifies both expression and activity of the pro-angiogenic factor VEGF-A.
BMC Med. 8:19.
Slupianek, A. et al. (2011) BCR/ABL Stimulates WRN to Promote Survival and Genomic Instability.
Cancer Res. 71: 842-51.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra