Kinesin Heavy Chain antibody
Kinesin heavy chain is a 963 amino acid microtubule dependent motor protein. This protein is a member of the kinesin-like protein family and principal component of kinesin, involved in the plus end-directed transport of eukaryotic cell vesicles and organelles.
Kinesins are microtubule associated motor proteins which consist of 2 identical (60-70 kDa) light chains and 2 identical (110-120 kDa) heavy chains, the latter of which contain a globular C-terminal tail domain, a central alpha helical rod domain and a globular N-terminal motor domain with microtubule-stimulated ATPase activity.
Goat anti Human kinesin heavy chain antibody recognizes kinesin heavy chain as a band of 110 kDa in a wide range of human cell line lysates. Cross reactivity with rodent cell lines is also observed.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti kinesin heavy chain detects a band of approximately 110 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-QPVAVRGGGGKQV from the C-terminal region of kinesin heavy chain.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003777 microtubule motor activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005871 kinesin complex
- GO:0005874 microtubule
- GO:0008017 microtubule binding
- GO:0035617 stress granule disassembly
- GO:0047496 vesicle transport along microtubule
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Kinesin Heavy Chain antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|