Kinesin Heavy Chain antibody
Kinesin heavy chain is a 963 amino acid microtubule dependent motor protein. This protein is a member of the kinesin-like protein family and principal component of kinesin, involved in the plus end-directed transport of eukaryotic cell vesicles and organelles.
Kinesins are microtubule associated motor proteins which consist of 2 identical (60-70 kDa) light chains and 2 identical (110-120 kDa) heavy chains, the latter of which contain a globular C-terminal tail domain, a central alpha helical rod domain and a globular N-terminal motor domain with microtubule-stimulated ATPase activity.
Goat anti Human kinesin heavy chain antibody recognizes kinesin heavy chain as a band of 110 kDa in a wide range of human cell line lysates. Cross reactivity with rodent cell lines is also observed.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti kinesin heavy chain detects a band of approximately 110 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-QPVAVRGGGGKQV from the C-terminal region of kinesin heavy chain.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003777 microtubule motor activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005871 kinesin complex
- GO:0005874 microtubule
- GO:0008017 microtubule binding
- GO:0035617 stress granule disassembly
- GO:0047496 vesicle transport along microtubule
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Kinesin Heavy Chain antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
Navone, F. et al. (1992) Cloning and expression of a human kinesin heavy chain gene: interaction of the COOH-terminal domain with cytoplasmic microtubules in transfected CV-1 cells.
J Cell Biol. 117 (6): 1263-75.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra