Goat anti Human Kinesin heavy chain antibodyrecognizes the heavy chain of human kinesin, also known as Kinesin-1 heavy chain, Conventional kinesin heavy chain, Ubiquitous kinesin heavy chain or KIF5B. Kinesin heavy chain is a 963 amino acid microtubule dependent motor containing a kinesin motor domain. otherwise known as , a member of the kinesin-like protein family and principal component of kinesin, involved in the plus end-directed transport of eukaryotic cell vesicles and organelles. Goat anti human kinesin heavy chain antibody binds to an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of human kinesin heavy chain (KHC),
Kinesins are microtubule associated motor proteins which consist of 2 identical (60-70 kDa) light chains and 2 identical (110-120 kDa) heavy chains, the latter of which contain a globular C-terminal tail domain, a central alpha helical rod domain and a globular N-terminal motor domain with microtubule-stimulated ATPase activity.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human kinesin heavy chain (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-QPVAVRGGGGKQV from the C-terminal region of kinesin heavy chain (NP_004512.).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
microtubule motor activity
stress granule disassembly
vesicle transport along microtubule
perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Kinesin Heavy Chain antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney
- Western Blotting
- AHP1395 detects a band of approximately 120kDa in human kidney cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Navone, F. et al. (1992) Cloning and expression of a human kinesin heavy chain gene: interaction of the COOH-terminal domain with cytoplasmic microtubules in transfected CV-1 cells.
J Cell Biol. 117 (6): 1263-75.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra