The ITPA gene encodes an inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase. The encoded protein hydrolyzes inosine triphosphate and deoxyinosine triphosphate to the monophosphate nucleotide and diphosphate. This protein, a member of the HAM1 NTPase protein family is found in the cytoplasm and acts as a homodimer. Defects in the encoded protein can result in inosine triphosphate pyrophosphorylase deficiency (ITPAD) which causes an accumulation of ITP in red blood cells. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Jun 2012).
Rabbit anti Human ITPA antibody detects a band of 23 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ITPA detects a band of approximately 23 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 24-51 of human ITPA
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0009117 nucleotide metabolic process
- GO:0047429 nucleoside-triphosphate diphosphatase activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Itpa antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|