Rabbit anti Human IP-10 antibody recognizes human IP-10 (10-kDa interferon-inducible protein), otherwise known as CXCL10, a 77 amino acid CXC chemokine which, like monokine induced by IFN-gamma (Mig) and IFN-inducible T-cell alpha-chemoattractant (I-TAC), signals through the CXCR3 receptor.
IP-10 acts as a chemoattractant for Th1 lymphocytes and natural killer (NK) cells and is secreted by a variety of cells, including neutrophils, monocytes, keratinocytes and epithelial cells, in response to interferon gamma (IFNgamma) and lipopolysaccharide (LPS). IP-10 is thus associated with several clinical conditions linked with Th1 type immune responses and raised IFNgamma expression, such as psoriasis, sarcoidosis and viral meningitis. In addition, studies have demonstrated the ability of IP-10 to suppress the synergistic action of stimulatory cytokines on hematopoietic progenitor cell proliferation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB: For functional studies do not add azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IP-10 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- Recombinant human IP-10.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 6 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
muscle organ development
positive regulation of cell proliferation
cAMP-dependent protein kinase regulator activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IP-10 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Cox, M.A. et al. (2001) Human interferon-inducible 10-kDa protein and human interferon-inducible T cell alpha chemoattractant are allotopic ligands for human CXCR3: differential binding to receptor states.
Mol Pharmacol. 59 (4): 707-15.
Sauty, A. et al. (1999) The T cell-specific CXC chemokines IP-10, Mig, and I-TAC are expressed by activated human bronchial epithelial cells.
J Immunol. 162 (6): 3549-58.