Rabbit anti ILP-2 antibody
recognizes Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 8 also known as inhibitor of apoptosis protein- like protein 2 ,ILP-2 or BIRC8. ILP-2 is a 236 amino acid ~27 kDa cytoplasmic protein belonging to the IAP family of apoptosis inhibitors and is expressed solely in the testis in normal tissue.
ILP-2 is reported to bind to caspase 9 (Richter et al. 2001
) and is thought to protect against apoptosis mediated by BAX (Kim et al. 2011
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human ILP-2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide TGYEARLITFGT corresponding to amino acids 2-13 of human ILP-2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
zinc ion binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ILP-2 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP731 detects a band of approximately 33kDa in HepG2 and MOLT4 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Richter, B.W. et al. (2001) Molecular cloning of ILP-2, a novel member of the inhibitor of apoptosis protein family.
Mol Cell Biol. 21 (13): 4292-301.