Rabbit anti ILP-2 antibody
recognizes Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 8 also known as inhibitor of apoptosis protein- like protein 2 ,ILP-2 or BIRC8. ILP-2 is a 236 amino acid ~27 kDa cytoplasmic protein belonging to the IAP family of apoptosis inhibitors and is expressed solely in the testis in normal tissue.
ILP-2 is reported to bind to caspase 9 (Richter et al. 2001
) and is thought to protect against apoptosis mediated by BAX (Kim et al. 2011
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human ILP-2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide TGYEARLITFGT corresponding to amino acids 2-13 of human ILP-2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
zinc ion binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ILP-2 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP731 detects a band of approximately 33kDa in HepG2 and MOLT4 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Richter, B.W. et al. (2001) Molecular cloning of ILP-2, a novel member of the inhibitor of apoptosis protein family.
Mol Cell Biol. 21 (13): 4292-301.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra