Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Rabbit anti Human interleukin-21 antibody recognizes interleukin-21 (IL-21), also known as Za11. IL-21 is a 133 amnio acid ~ 17 kDa immunoregulatory cytokine.
The IL21 gene encodes a member of the common-gamma chain family of cytokines with immunoregulatory activity. The encoded protein plays a role in both the innate and adaptive immune responses by inducing the differentiation, proliferation and activity of multiple target cells including macrophages, natural killer cells, B cells and cytotoxic T cells. Dysregulation of IL21 plays a role in multiple immune-mediated diseases including lupus, psoriasis and chronic inflammatory diseases. Mutation of the IL21 gene causes Immunodeficiency, common variable, 11 (CVID11), a condition characterized by antibody and the inability to mount an antibody response to antigen leading to recurrent bacterial infections (Salzar et al. 2014).Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed for IL21 (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2011).
Rabbit anti Human interleukin-21 antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti interleukin-21 detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C-terminal region of Human interleukin-21
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005134 interleukin-2 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0034105 positive regulation of tissue remodeling
- GO:0042102 positive regulation of T cell proliferation
- GO:0045078 positive regulation of interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0048469 cell maturation
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up