|Rabbit anti Human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist antibody recognises human Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RA), a naturally occurring inflammatory inhibitor protein, produced by monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, corneal epithelial cells and fibroblasts, which inhibits the activity of IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta, by competitively blocking binding to cell surface receptors for IL-1.
Genetic variations in IL-1RA gene (IL1RN) are associated with susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 4 (MVCD4), and IL-1RA has therapeutic applications in rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, psoriasis, sepsis, chronic myelogenous leukaemia and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human IL-1RA were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human IL-1RA (PHP080)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This biotinylated human IL-1RA antibody may be used in a direct ELISA or as the detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA with a purified human IL-1RA antibody (AHP2184) as the capture reagent and recombinant human IL-1RA (PHP080) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- This biotinylated human IL-1RA antibody may be used in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human IL-1RA (PHP080) as the positive control.
- Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005152 interleukin-1 receptor antagonist activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up