Encoded by the IGF2BP1 gene, insulin-like growth factor 2 mRNA-binding protein 1 contains four K homology domains and two RNA recognition motifs. It functions by binding to the mRNAs of certain genes, including insulin-like growth factor 2, beta-actin and beta-transducin repeat-containing protein, and regulating their translation. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for IGF2BP1 (provided by RefSeq, May 2009).
Rabbit anti Human IGF2BP-1 antibody detects a band of 63 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti IGF2BP-1 detects a band of approximately 63 kDa in K562 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 508-534 of human IGF2BP-1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003730 mRNA 3'-UTR binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0010494 stress granule
- GO:0010610 regulation of mRNA stability involved in response to stress
- GO:0017148 negative regulation of translation
- GO:0030027 lamellipodium
- GO:0042035 regulation of cytokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0043197 dendritic spine
- GO:0045182 translation regulator activity
- GO:0048027 mRNA 5'-UTR binding
- GO:0070934 CRD-mediated mRNA stabilization
- GO:0070937 CRD-mediated mRNA stability complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of IGF2BP-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra