Goat anti Human IFI1 antibody
recognizes human Interferon-induced helicase C domain-containing protein 1, also known as IFIH1, Clinically amyopathic dermatomyositis autoantigen 140 kDa, CADM-140 autoantigen, Helicase with 2 CARD domains, Helicard, Interferon-induced with helicase C domain protein 1, Melanoma differentiation-associated protein 5, MDA-5, Murabutide down-regulated protein, RIG-I-like receptor 2, RLR-2 or RNA helicase-DEAD box protein 116.
Variations in the IFIH1 gene affect suceptibility to Insulin dependent diabetes mellitus 19 (IDDM19), a multifactorial disorder of glucose homeostasis with a susceptibility to ketoacidosis (Smyth et al. 2006). Mutations in the IFIH1 gene can lead to the development of Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome 7 (AGS7) a disease characterised by cerebral atrophy, leukoencephalopathy, intracranial calcifications, chronic cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) lymphocytosis, increased CSF alpha-interferon, and negative serologic investigations for common prenatal infection (Oda et al. 2014). Mutations in the IFIH1 gene may also lead to the development of Singleton-Merten syndrome 1 (SGMRT1), a disease featuring aortic calcification, dental abnormalities, osteopenia and acro-osteolysis (Rutsch et al. 2015).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human IFIH1 (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence SNGYSTDENFRYL-C from the N-Terminal region of IFIH1 (NP_071451.2).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
response to virus
zinc ion binding
regulation of apoptosis
negative regulation of type I interferon production
interspecies interaction between organisms
innate immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IFIH1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human pancreas
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra