Rabbit anti Human iASPP antibody detects human inhibitor of apoptosis stimulating protein of p53 (iASPP), which plays a central role in regulation of apoptosis and transcription via its interaction with NFkB and p53 proteins. At present, the iASPP gene is thought to encode three isoforms; isoform 1 is predominantly located in the cytoplasm, whilst isoforms 2 and 3 are nuclear proteins. iASPP is highly expressed in the heart, placenta and prostate.
iASPP has been shown to have oncogenic properties in human breast carcinomas.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human iASPP were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding amino acids 780-797 of human iASPP (isoform 1) protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
transcription corepressor activity
transcription factor binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of iASPP antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1338 detects a bands of approximately 100 and 50kDa corresponding to iASPP isoforms 1 and 2 respectively.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for iASPP antibody
Zhang, X. et al. (2007) Identification of a novel isoform of iASPP and its interaction with p53.
J Mol Biol. 368 (4): 1162-71.