Rabbit anti Human iASPP antibody detects human inhibitor of apoptosis stimulating protein of p53 (iASPP), which plays a central role in regulation of apoptosis and transcription via its interaction with NFkB and p53 proteins. At present, the iASPP gene is thought to encode three isoforms; isoform 1 is predominantly located in the cytoplasm, whilst isoforms 2 and 3 are nuclear proteins. iASPP is highly expressed in the heart, placenta and prostate.
iASPP has been shown to have oncogenic properties in human breast carcinomas.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human iASPP were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding amino acids 780-797 of human iASPP (isoform 1) protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
transcription corepressor activity
transcription factor binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of iASPP antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1338 detects a bands of approximately 100 and 50kDa corresponding to iASPP isoforms 1 and 2 respectively.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for iASPP antibody
Zhang, X. et al. (2007) Identification of a novel isoform of iASPP and its interaction with p53.
J Mol Biol. 368 (4): 1162-71.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra