Rabbit anti Human HUWE1 antibody
recognizes human E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase HUWE1, also known as HUWE1, ARF-binding protein 1, ARF-BP1, HECT, UBA and WWE domain-containing protein 1, Homologous to E6AP carboxyl terminus homologous protein 9, HectH9, Large structure of UREB1, LASU1, Mcl-1 ubiquitin ligase E3, Mule or Upstream regulatory element-binding protein 1. HUWE1 is a 4374 amino acid DNA binding protein with a predicted molecular mass of ~480 kDa.
HUWE1 is an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase involved in mediating ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. HUWE1 is also involved in apoptosis through catalyzation of the poly-ubiquitination and degradation of MCL1, ubiquitination of the p53 tumor suppressor and core histones including H1, H2A, H2B, H3 and H4. Binds to an upstream initiator-like sequence in the preprodynorphin gene. Research indicates that HUWE1 regulates the abundance of CDC6 after DNA damage by polyubiquitinating and targeting CDC6 to degradation (Hall et al. 2007
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human HUWE1 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to an 19 amino acid sequence from near the carboxy terminal of human HUWE1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of HUWE1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain (cortex) or human heart
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available