Rabbit anti Human HUWE1 antibody
recognizes human E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase HUWE1, also known as HUWE1, ARF-binding protein 1, ARF-BP1, HECT, UBA and WWE domain-containing protein 1, Homologous to E6AP carboxyl terminus homologous protein 9, HectH9, Large structure of UREB1, LASU1, Mcl-1 ubiquitin ligase E3, Mule or Upstream regulatory element-binding protein 1. HUWE1 is a 4374 amino acid DNA binding protein with a predicted molecular mass of ~480 kDa.
HUWE1 is an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase involved in mediating ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. HUWE1 is also involved in apoptosis through catalyzation of the poly-ubiquitination and degradation of MCL1, ubiquitination of the p53 tumor suppressor and core histones including H1, H2A, H2B, H3 and H4. Binds to an upstream initiator-like sequence in the preprodynorphin gene. Research indicates that HUWE1 regulates the abundance of CDC6 after DNA damage by polyubiquitinating and targeting CDC6 to degradation (Hall et al. 2007
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human HUWE1 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to an 19 amino acid sequence from near the carboxy terminal of human HUWE1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of HUWE1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain (cortex) or human heart
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra