HR23B is one of two human homologs of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rad23, a protein involved in the nucleotide excision repair (NER). This protein was found to be a component of the protein complex that specifically complements the NER defect of xeroderma pigmentosum group C (XP-c) cell extracts in vitro. HR23B has also been shown to interact with and elevate the nucleotide excision activity of 3-methyladenine-DNA glycosylase (MPG), which suggested a role in DNA damage recognition in base excision repair. It contains an N-terminal ubiquitin-like domain, which was reported to interact with 26S proteasome, and thus may be involved in the ubiquitin mediated proteolytic pathway in cells. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011).
Goat anti Human HR23B antibody detects a band of 58 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti HR23B detects a band of approximately 58 kDa in LNCaP cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 163-176 of human HR23B
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000502 proteasome complex
- GO:0000715 nucleotide-excision repair, DNA damage recognition
- GO:0000718 nucleotide-excision repair, DNA damage removal
- GO:0003684 damaged DNA binding
- GO:0003697 single-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0031593 polyubiquitin binding
- GO:0032434 regulation of proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0043161 proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0071942 XPC complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of HR23B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra