hnRNP Ab antibody
Rabbit anti hnRNP Ab
hnRNP AB antibody recognizes the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A/B, also known as ABBP-1 or catalytic polypeptide 1-binding protein 1.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
hnRNP AB belongs to the subfamily of ubiquitously expressed heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins (hnRNPs). The hnRNPs are produced by RNA polymerase II and are components of the heterogeneous nuclear RNA (hnRNA) complexes. They are associated with pre-mRNAs in the nucleus and appear to influence pre-mRNA processing and other aspects of mRNA metabolism and transport. While all of the hnRNPs are present in the nucleus, some seem to shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. The hnRNP proteins have distinct nucleic acid binding properties. The protein encoded by HNRNPAB, which binds to one of the components of the multiprotein editosome complex, has two repeats of quasi-RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains that bind to RNAs. Two alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described for hnRNP AB (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human hnRNP AB antibody detects a band of 42 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti hnRNP AB antibody recognizes a band of approximately 42 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on immunogen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a portion of the C terminal segment of human hnRNP AB
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q99729 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HNRNPAB Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001837 epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0003729 mRNA binding
- GO:0030529 ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of hnRNP Ab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.