Histone H4 (Dimethyl K20) antibody
Rabbit anti Histone H4 (Dimethyl K20)
Rabbit anti human histone H4 (Dimethyl K20) antibody recognizes histone cluster 2, H4a, dimethyl K20. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Histones are basic nuclear proteins that are responsible for the nucleosome structure of the chromosomal fiber in eukaryotes. This structure consists of approximately 146 bp of DNA wrapped around a nucleosome, an octamer composed of pairs of each of the four core histones (H2A, H2B, H3, and H4). The chromatin fiber is further compacted through the interaction of a linker histone, H1, with the DNA between the nucleosomes to form higher order chromatin structures. This gene is intronless and encodes a replication-dependent histone that is a member of the histone H4 family. Transcripts from this gene lack polyA tails; instead, they contain a palindromic termination element. This gene is found in a histone cluster on chromosome 1. This gene is one of four histone genes in the cluster that are duplicated; this record represents the centromeric copy.
Rabbit anti Human histone H4 (dimethyl K20) antibody detects a band of 15 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti histone H4 (dimethyl K20) detects a band of approximately 15 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 1-30 of human histone H4
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P62805 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HIST2H4B Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000723 telomere maintenance
- GO:0000786 nucleosome
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0034080 CenH3-containing nucleosome assembly at centromere
- GO:0045653 negative regulation of megakaryocyte differentiation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Histone H4 (Dimethyl K20) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.