Histone H2BJ antibody
Rabbit anti Histone H2BJ
Rabbit anti human histone H2BJ antibody recognizes histone H2B type 1J, also known as HIST1H2BJ, H2B histone family, member R, histone 1, H2BFR, H2bJ or histone H2B. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Histones are basic nuclear proteins that are responsible for the nucleosome structure of the chromosomal fiber in eukaryotes. Two molecules of each of the four core histones (H2A, H2B, H3, and H4) form an octamer, around which approximately 146 bp of DNA is wrapped in repeating units, called nucleosomes. The linker histone, H1, interacts with linker DNA between nucleosomes and functions in the compaction of chromatin into higher order structures. The Histone H2BJ gene (HIST1H2BJ) is intron-less and encodes a member of the histone H2B family. Transcripts from HIST1H2BJ lack polyA tails but instead contain a palindromic termination element. HIST1H2BJ is found in the histone microcluster on chromosome 6p21.33 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human histone H2BJ antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti histone H2BJ detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in HEK293 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 98-126 of human histone H2BJ
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P06899 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HIST1H2BJ Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000786 nucleosome
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0006334 nucleosome assembly
- GO:0042742 defense response to bacterium
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Histone H2BJ antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.