Histone Deacetylase 5 antibody
Histones play a critical role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression, and developmental events. Histone acetylation/deacetylation alters chromosome structure and affects transcription factor access to DNA. The protein encoded by HDAC5 belongs to the class II histone deacetylase/acuc/apha family. It possesses histone deacetylase activity and represses transcription when tethered to a promoter. It coimmunoprecipitates only with HDAC3 family member and might form multicomplex proteins. It also interacts with myocyte enhancer factor-2 (MEF2) proteins, resulting in repression of MEF2-dependent genes. HDAC5 is thought to be associated with colon cancer. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for HDAC5 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human histone deacetylase 5 antibody detects a band of 124 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti histone deacetylase 5 detects a band of approximately 124 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the internal region surrounding amino acid 661 of human histone deacetylase 5
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000118 histone deacetylase complex
- GO:0004407 histone deacetylase activity
- GO:0005080 protein kinase C binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006338 chromatin remodeling
- GO:0006342 chromatin silencing
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010832 negative regulation of myotube differentiation
- GO:0016566 specific transcriptional repressor activity
- GO:0016575 histone deacetylation
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0032869 cellular response to insulin stimulus
- GO:0043393 regulation of protein binding
- GO:0051091 positive regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0070491 repressing transcription factor binding
- GO:0090051 negative regulation of cell migration involved in sprouting angiogenesis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Histone Deacetylase 5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|