Histone Deacetylase 3 antibody
Histones play a critical role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression, and developmental events. Histone acetylation/deacetylation alters chromosome structure and affects transcription factor access to DNA. The protein encoded by HDAC3 gene belongs to the histone deacetylase/acuc/apha family. It has histone deacetylase activity and represses transcription when tethered to a promoter. It may participate in the regulation of transcription through its binding with the zinc-finger transcription factor YY1. This protein can also down-regulate p53 function and thus modulate cell growth and apoptosis. HDAC3 is regarded as a potential tumor suppressor gene (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human histone deacetylase 3 antibody detects a band of 49 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti histone deacetylase 3 detects a band of approximately 49 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 383-412 of human histone deacetylase 3
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000118 histone deacetylase complex
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0004407 histone deacetylase activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005876 spindle microtubule
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0017053 transcriptional repressor complex
- GO:0042826 histone deacetylase binding
- GO:0044255 cellular lipid metabolic process
- GO:0045786 negative regulation of cell cycle
- GO:0046329 negative regulation of JNK cascade
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051225 spindle assembly
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Histone Deacetylase 3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|