Histone Acetyltransferase 1 antibody
Encoded by the HAT1 gene, histone acetyltransferase 1 is a type B histone acetyltransferase (HAT) that is involved in the rapid acetylation of newly synthesized cytoplasmic histones, which are in turn imported into the nucleus for de novo deposition onto nascent DNA chains. Histone acetylation, particularly of histone H4, plays an important role in replication-dependent chromatin assembly. Specifically, this HAT can acetylate soluble but not nucleosomal histone H4 at lysines 5 and 12, and to a lesser degree, histone H2A at lysine 5. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been identified for HAT1 (provided by RefSeq, Jun 2009).
Rabbit anti Human histone acetyltransferase 1 antibody detects a band of 49 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti histone acetyltransferase 1 detects a band of approximately 49 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 389-419 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human histone acetyltransferase 1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004402 histone acetyltransferase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006323 DNA packaging
- GO:0006348 chromatin silencing at telomere
- GO:0016573 histone acetylation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Histone Acetyltransferase 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra