High Mobility Group Protein HMGI-C antibody
Encoded by the HMGA2 gene, high mobility group protein HMGI-C belongs to the non-histone chromosomal high mobility group (HMG) protein family. HMG proteins function as architectural factors and are essential components of the enhanceosome. This protein contains structural DNA-binding domains and may act as a transcriptional regulating factor. Identification of the deletion, amplification, and rearrangement of HMGA2 that are associated with myxoid liposarcoma suggests a role in adipogenesis and mesenchymal differentiation. A gene knock out study of the mouse counterpart demonstrated that HMGA2 is involved in diet-induced obesity. Alternate transcriptional splice variants, encoding different isoforms, have been characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human high mobility group protein HMGI-C antibody detects a band of 18 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti high mobility group protein HMGI-C detects a band of approximately 18 kDa in HepG2 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 15-49 of human high mobility group protein HMGI-C
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000785 chromatin
- GO:0003680 AT DNA binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006325 chromatin organization
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0006355 regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0007067 mitosis
- GO:0007275 multicellular organismal development
- GO:0040008 regulation of growth
- GO:0051301 cell division
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of High Mobility Group Protein HMGI-C antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|