High Mobility Group Protein B2 antibody
HMGB2 gene encodes a member of the non-histone chromosomal high mobility group protein family. The proteins of this family are chromatin-associated and ubiquitously distributed in the nucleus of higher eukaryotic cells. In vitro studies have demonstrated that this protein is able to efficiently bend DNA and form DNA circles (Paull et al. 1993). These studies suggest a role in facilitating cooperative interactions between cis-acting proteins by promoting DNA flexibility. This protein was also reported to be involved in the final ligation step in DNA end-joining processes of DNA double-strand breaks repair and V(D)J recombination (Nagaki et al. 1998) (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human high mobility group protein B2 antibody detects a band of 28 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti high mobility group protein B2 detects a band of approximately 28 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human high mobility group protein B2
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000793 condensed chromosome
- GO:0001938 positive regulation of endothelial cell proliferation
- GO:0003684 damaged DNA binding
- GO:0003690 double-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0003697 single-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0006334 nucleosome assembly
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006265 DNA topological change
- GO:0006288 base-excision repair, DNA ligation
- GO:0006309 DNA fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
- GO:0008301 DNA bending activity
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016565 general transcriptional repressor activity
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0032075 positive regulation of nuclease activity
- GO:0033151 V(D)J recombination
- GO:0042056 chemoattractant activity
- GO:0043234 protein complex
- GO:0043388 positive regulation of DNA binding
- GO:0045648 positive regulation of erythrocyte differentiation
- GO:0045654 positive regulation of megakaryocyte differentiation
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050786 RAGE receptor binding
- GO:0060326 cell chemotaxis
- GO:0071222 cellular response to lipopolysaccharide
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of High Mobility Group Protein B2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra