Hemoglobin is found in the erythrocytes of all vertebrates. There is a wide diversity of amino acid sequences and substitutions within mammalian hemoglobins, however the molecular weight is generally around 66 kDa with an iron content of about 0.34%. The level of hemoglobin in the blood is used in the diagnosis of anemia; levels in the feces are indicative of various clinical conditions.
Sheep anti Human Hemoglobin antibody shows <10% cross-reactivity with bovine hemoglobin.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Weak
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human hemoglobin were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Hemoglobin purified from human erythrocytes
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0022627 cytosolic small ribosomal subunit
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005344 oxygen transporter activity
- GO:0005833 hemoglobin complex
- GO:0010942 positive regulation of cell death
- GO:0019825 oxygen binding
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0042744 hydrogen peroxide catabolic process
- GO:0051291 protein heterooligomerization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Hemoglobin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:FITC||STAR88F||C||1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra