Heme Oxygenase 1 antibody
Heme oxygenase, an essential enzyme in heme catabolism, cleaves heme to form biliverdin, which is subsequently converted to bilirubin by biliverdin reductase, and carbon monoxide, a putative neurotransmitter. Heme oxygenase activity is induced by its substrate heme and by various nonheme substances. Heme oxygenase occurs as 2 isozymes, an inducible heme oxygenase-1 and a constitutive heme oxygenase-2. HMOX1 and HMOX2 belong to the heme oxygenase family (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human heme oxygenase 1 antibody detects a band of 28 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti heme oxygenase 1 detects a band of approximately 28 kDa in A549 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Human heme oxygenase 1 synthetic multiple antigenic peptide
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0001935 endothelial cell proliferation
- GO:0002246 wound healing involved in inflammatory response
- GO:0002686 negative regulation of leukocyte migration
- GO:0004392 heme oxygenase (decyclizing) activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005792 microsome
- GO:0006788 heme oxidation
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0007243 intracellular protein kinase cascade
- GO:0007588 excretion
- GO:0008219 cell death
- GO:0045909 positive regulation of vasodilation
- GO:0014806 smooth muscle hyperplasia
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0034101 erythrocyte homeostasis
- GO:0034383 low-density lipoprotein particle clearance
- GO:0035094 response to nicotine
- GO:0042167 heme catabolic process
- GO:0042542 response to hydrogen peroxide
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043619 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter in response to oxidative stress
- GO:0045080 positive regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045765 regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0048662 negative regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0055085 transmembrane transport
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Heme Oxygenase 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra