Haptoglobin combines with free plasma hemoglobin, preventing loss of iron through the kidneys and protecting the kidneys from damage by hemoglobin, while making the hemoglobin accessible to degradative enzymes.
This reagent is available in bulk quantities and may be made available in other formats. Please enquire for further details.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Serum - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human Haptoglobin were raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human haptoglobin
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0010942 positive regulation of cell death
- GO:0030492 hemoglobin binding
- GO:0051354 negative regulation of oxidoreductase activity
- GO:2000296 negative regulation of hydrogen peroxide catabolic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of Haptoglobin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|