Two isoforms of human haptoglobin produced by alternative splicing have been described. Sheep anti Human haptoglobin antibody (AHP082) binds to the canonical isoform 1 of human haptoglobin, binding to the truncated (missing residues 38-96) isoform 2 has not been evaluated.
Mutation of the HP gene can lead to the development of Anhaptoglobinemia (AHP), a disease characterized by an absence of serum haptoglobin (Teye et al. 2004).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Cat Rabbit Mouse Bovine Dog Chicken Horse Guinea Pig Pig
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human haptoglobulin were raised by repeated immunisation of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Glycine buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.1% EACA 0.01% Benzamidine 1mM EDTA
- Human haptoglobulin purified from serum.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0010942 positive regulation of cell death
- GO:0030492 hemoglobin binding
- GO:0051354 negative regulation of oxidoreductase activity
- GO:2000296 negative regulation of hydrogen peroxide catabolic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of Haptoglobin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:FITC||STAR88F||C||1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Haptoglobin antibody
Gustafsson, K. et al. (1997) Toxoplasma gondii infection in the mountain hare (Lepus timidus) and domestic rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus). II. Early immune reactions.
J Comp Pathol. 117 (4): 361-9.
Hoagland, L.F. 4th et al. (2007) Haptoglobin and posttranslational glycan-modified derivatives as serum biomarkers for the diagnosis of nonsmall cell lung cancer.
Cancer. 110 (10): 2260-8.
Merril, C.R. et al. (1995) Diagnosing Alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia
US patent No 5,429947.
McGuire, W. et al. (1996) C-reactive protein and haptoglobin in the evaluation of a community-based malaria control programme.
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 90 (1): 10-4.