GSK3 Alpha antibody
Encoded by the GSK3A gene, GSK3 alpha encodes a multifunctional Ser/Thr protein kinase that is implicated in the control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, and transcription factors, such as JUN. It also plays a role in the WNT and PI3K signaling pathways, as well as regulates the production of beta-amyloid peptides associated with Alzheimer's disease (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011).
Rabbit anti Human GSK3 alpha antibody detects a band of 51 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GSK3 alpha detects a band of approximately 51 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 76-105 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human GSK3 alpha
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P49840 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GSK3A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0010905 negative regulation of UDP-glucose catabolic process
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030877 beta-catenin destruction complex
- GO:0034236 protein kinase A catalytic subunit binding
- GO:0045732 positive regulation of protein catabolic process
- GO:0046325 negative regulation of glucose import
- GO:0046627 negative regulation of insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050321 tau-protein kinase activity
- GO:0051348 negative regulation of transferase activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GSK3 Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster