Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone antibody
Sheep anti Human growth hormone releasing hormone antibody recognizes growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH), also known as somatoliberin or somatocrinin. GHRH is a 44 amino acid peptide hormone produced by the hypothalamus. The main role of GHRH is to stimulate Growth Hormone, but it has the additional function of promoting slow wave sleep.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Serum - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to GHRH was raised by repeated immunisation of sheep with highly purified antigen.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P01286 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GHRH Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007189 activation of adenylate cyclase activity by G-protein signaling pathway
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0016608 growth hormone-releasing hormone activity
- GO:0021984 adenohypophysis development
- GO:0030252 growth hormone secretion
- GO:0030819 positive regulation of cAMP biosynthetic process
- GO:0031770 growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor binding
- GO:0032094 response to food
- GO:0040018 positive regulation of multicellular organism growth
- GO:0043195 terminal button
- GO:0043568 positive regulation of insulin-like growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0046005 positive regulation of circadian sleep/wake cycle, REM sleep
- GO:0060124 positive regulation of growth hormone secretion
- For research purposes only
Applications of Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||1.5 ml||C E F WB|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®549||STAR88D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®649||STAR88D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:FITC||STAR88F||1 mg||C|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Product Specific References
References for Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone antibody
Thomas, M.G. et al. (2009) Dynamics of GHRH in third-ventricle cerebrospinal fluid of cattle: relationship with serum concentrations of GH and responses to appetite-regulating peptides.
Domest Anim Endocrinol. 37: 196-205.