Rabbit anti Human GRO gamma antibody
recognizes human GRO-gamma, also known as CXCL3, Growth-regulated protein gamma, GRO-gamma(1-73), Macrophage inflammatory protein 2-beta or MIP2-beta. GRO gamma is a ~7.9 kDa CXC chemokine and one of three closely related, but distinct GRO gene products, which act as chemoattractants and activators of neutrophils and basophils.
Like GRO-alpha (CXCL1) and GRO-beta (CXCL2), GRO-gamma contains the ELR-motif (N-Terminal Glu-Leu-Arg amino acid sequence) and signals through the CXCR1 and CXCR2 receptors, though studies have shown a difference in the potency and receptor binding affinity of these three proteins (Wuyts et al. 1999
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human GRO-gamma were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human GRO-gamma.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of GRO Gamma antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for GRO Gamma antibody
Kogan-sakin, I. et al. (2009) Prostate stromal cells produce CXCL-1, CXCL-2, CXCL-3 and IL-8 in response to epithelia-secreted IL-1.
Carcinogenesis. 30 (4): 698-705.
Haskill, S. et al. (1990) Identification of three related human GRO genes encoding cytokine functions.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 87 (19): 7732-6.
Geiser, T. et al. (1993) The interleukin-8-related chemotactic cytokines GRO alpha, GRO beta, and GRO gamma activate human neutrophil and basophil leukocytes.
J Biol Chem. 268 (21): 15419-24.