Rabbit anti Human glycogen phosphorylase BB antibody detects brain glycogen phosphorylase, a regulatory enzyme which catalyses the rate-determining step in glycogen degradation. Mammalian glycogen phosphorylase is found as three major isozymes including muscle (GPMM), liver (GPLL), and brain (GPBB), which can be distinguished by their structural and functional properties as well as by the tissues in which they are expressed.
GPBB is thought to function in the release of emergency glucose during stress, and in embryogenesis where it is the predominant isozyme. GPBB is also expressed in the early stages of gastric and colorectal cancers.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human brain glycogen phosphorylase were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide: internal domain of human brain glycogen phosphorylase, conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
glycogen catabolic process
glycogen phosphorylase activity
pyridoxal phosphate binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Glycogen Phosphorylase BB antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Glycogen Phosphorylase BB antibody
Holmes, A.P. et al. (2014) Glycogen metabolism protects against metabolic insult to preserve carotid body function during glucose deprivation.
J Physiol. 592 (Pt 20): 4493-506.
Tashima, S. et al. (2000) Expression of brain-type glycogen phosphorylase is a potentially novel early biomarker in the carcinogenesis of human colorectal carcinomas.
Am J Gastroenterol. 95 (1): 255-63.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra