Glutathione Peroxidase 1 antibody
GPX1 gene encodes a member of the glutathione peroxidase family. Glutathione peroxidase functions in the detoxification of hydrogen peroxide, and is one of the most important antioxidant enzymes in humans. This protein is one of only a few proteins known in higher vertebrates to contain selenocysteine, which occurs at the active site of glutathione peroxidase and is coded by UGA, that normally functions as a translation termination codon. In addition, this protein is characterized in a polyalanine sequence polymorphism in the N-terminal region, which includes three alleles with five, six or seven alanine (ALA) repeats in this sequence. The allele with five ALA repeats is significantly associated with breast cancer risk. Two alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been found for GPX1 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human glutathione peroxidase 1 antibody detects a band of 22 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti glutathione peroxidase 1 detects a band of approximately 22 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 164-193 of human glutathione peroxidase 1
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0004602 glutathione peroxidase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0006749 glutathione metabolic process
- GO:0006144 purine base metabolic process
- GO:0006195 purine nucleotide catabolic process
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0061136 regulation of proteasomal protein catabolic process
- GO:0009650 UV protection
- GO:0010269 response to selenium ion
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0033599 regulation of mammary gland epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0040029 regulation of gene expression, epigenetic
- GO:0042744 hydrogen peroxide catabolic process
- GO:0043154 negative regulation of caspase activity
- GO:0060047 heart contraction
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Glutathione Peroxidase 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra