Rabbit anti GLUT-1 antibody recognises an epitope within the C-Terminal (CT) region of GLUT-1 (Glucose transporter 1), a ubiquitously expressed integral membrane glycoprotein, and member of the major facilitator superfamily, which plays a major role in the transport of glucose across the cell membrane, and the blood-brain barrier.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human GLUT-1 (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Keyhole limpet haemocyanin conjugated synthetic peptide sequence C-ELFHPLGADSQV from the C-terminal region of GLUT-1 (NM_006516).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P11167 Related reagents
- P11166 Related reagents
- P17809 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SLC2A1 Related reagents
- Slc2a1 Related reagents
- Slc2a1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005975 carbohydrate metabolic process
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0006767 water-soluble vitamin metabolic process
- GO:0050796 regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0030496 midbody
- GO:0033300 dehydroascorbic acid transporter activity
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0055056 D-glucose transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0005351 sugar:hydrogen symporter activity
- GO:0005901 caveola
- GO:0005911 cell-cell junction
- GO:0006970 response to osmotic stress
- GO:0019900 kinase binding
- GO:0042910 xenobiotic transporter activity
- GO:0016323 basolateral plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glut-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1;100|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Colorectal carcinoma
- Western Blotting
- AHP2173 detects a band of approximately 54kDa in human Jurkat cell lysates.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®549||STAR36D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®649||STAR36D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|