Rabbit anti GLUT-1 antibody recognises an epitope within the C-Terminal (CT) region of GLUT-1 (Glucose transporter 1), a ubiquitously expressed integral membrane glycoprotein, and member of the major facilitator superfamily, which plays a major role in the transport of glucose across the cell membrane, and the blood-brain barrier.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human GLUT-1 (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Keyhole limpet haemocyanin conjugated synthetic peptide sequence C-ELFHPLGADSQV from the C-terminal region of GLUT-1 (NM_006516).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
carbohydrate metabolic process
energy reserve metabolic process
water-soluble vitamin metabolic process
regulation of insulin secretion
dehydroascorbic acid transporter activity
D-glucose transmembrane transporter activity
sugar:hydrogen symporter activity
response to osmotic stress
xenobiotic transporter activity
basolateral plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Glut-1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Colorectal carcinoma
- Western Blotting
- AHP2173 detects a band of approximately 54kDa in human Jurkat cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra