Glucosidase II Alpha antibody
The GANAB gene encodes the alpha subunit of glucosidase II and a member of the glycosyl hydrolase 31 family of proteins. The heterodimeric enzyme glucosidase II plays a role in protein folding and quality control by cleaving glucose residues from immature glycoproteins in the endoplasmic reticulum. Expression of the encoded protein is elevated in lung tumor tissue and in response to UV irradiation. Mutations in this gene cause autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney and liver disease (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2016).
Rabbit anti Human glucosidase II alpha antibody detects a band of 107 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti glucosidase II alpha detects a band of approximately 107 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered glycine
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Recombinant protein encompassing part of the N-terminal region of human alpha glucosidase II alpha
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006457 protein folding
- GO:0030246 carbohydrate binding
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0018279 protein N-linked glycosylation via asparagine
- GO:0033919 glucan 1,3-alpha-glucosidase activity
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0043687 post-translational protein modification
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glucosidase II Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|